Ten years has passed since this column was penned. SOME of the names have changed – the financial numbers have only increased multi-fold, and the filth and scum who have permeated the HOLLOW halls of Government have become even more anti-America than ever before. PLEASE – reach back into history and call up the ghosts of Al Capone and his boys to do what we as a people do not have the guts to do. MASSACRE! Happy St. Valentines day Al – you are sorely missed – you KNEW how to get the job done – without remorse. ~ Ed.
February 14, 2009 – The following was sent to each and every Senator in the United States Senate on this day.
To all the guilty parties concerned, Happy Valentines Day – we’ve been massacred. CON-gress took a good lesson from Al Capone, and he has been in the grave for decades, so you can’t blame this one on him!
Although not surprised at the outcome of the events, which have taken place in both houses of CON-gress over the past several weeks, frankly – I am shocked, at the cavalier manner, in which this package has been crammed down the throats of generations of Americans to come.
Do you honestly believe that any of this will be of benefit to the average American? Think again! I direct you to the words of John Lund and his Political Diary of February 13, 2009:
“Members of Congress were scrambling last night to find copies of the gigantic $789 billion stimulus bill that conferees for the Senate and House had agreed to. After all, the vote is today and members are supposed to have a minimum of 48 hours to examine bills. That rule clearly has been ignored by Congressional leaders, but what infuriates members even more is that Beltway lobbyists had large portions of the bill yesterday while they did not. . . . (So) Congress (is) preparing to vote on a bill whose cost is approximately equal to the value of all U.S. currency in circulation without even having access to a copy.”
As with the Federal Reserve Act of 1913, no one gets to read it – no one gets to dissent. The public is not considered sophisticated enough to be able to make a determination as to whether this is good for the country or not. Ask your comrade, Mr. Schumer, as he has said it best, “Americans don’t care.”
Wrong Senator! I care, and millions of others care as well. Polls indicate that a mere 35% of the American public was in favor of this sell-out Act. Hmmmmm – where does that leave the rest of us?
Did you and/or Senator you work for read ANY of this?
- $2 billion earmark to re-start FutureGen, a near-zero emissions coal power plant in Illinois that the Dept. of Energy defunded last year because the project was inefficient
- A $246 million tax break for Hollywood movie producers to buy motion picture film
- $650 million for the digital television (DTV) converter box coupon program
- $88 million for the Coast Guard to design a new polar icebreaker (arctic ship)
- $448 million for constructing the Dept. of Homeland Security headquarters
- $248 million for furniture at the new Dept. of Homeland Security headquarters
- $600 million to buy hybrid vehicles for federal employees
- $400 million for the CDC to screen and prevent STD’s
- $1.4 billion for a rural waste disposal programs
- $1 billion for the 2010 Census, which has a projected cost overrun of $3 billion
- $75 million for “smoking cessation activities”
- $200 million for public computer centers at community colleges
- $75 million for salaries of employees at the FBI
- $25 million for tribal alcohol and substance abuse reduction
- $10 million to inspect canals in urban areas
- $6 billion to turn federal buildings into “green” buildings
- $500 million for state and local fire stations
- $650 million for wildland fire management on Forest Service lands
- $150 million for Smithsonian museum facilities
- $1.2 billion for “youth activities,” including youth summer job programs
- $88 million for renovating the headquarters of the Public Health Service
- $412 million for CDC buildings and property
- $500 million for building and repairing NIH facilities in Bethesda, MD
- $160 million for “paid volunteers” at the Corporation for National and Community Service
- $5.5 million for “energy efficiency initiatives” at the VA “National Cemetery Administration”
- $850 million for Amtrak
- $100 million for reducing the hazard of lead-based paint
- $75M to construct a new “security training” facility for State Dept Security officers when they can be trained at existing facilities of other agencies.
- $110 million to the Farm Service Agency to upgrade computer systems
- $200 million in funding for the lease of alternative energy vehicles for use on military installations.
- State Medicaid Bailout: $87.7 billion Through 3 different mechanisms, the bill would provide additional federal funds to state Medicaid programs over the next 3 years. This is nearly $70 billion more than the governors asked President Obama for in December, and should be a loan to be repaid by the states.
Did I miss any? (but of COURSE I DID?)
…and THIS is just the tip of the iceberg. Yes, there may be some jobs created here, and because many will be government jobs – they will be self-perpetuating. In other words – they will never end. What about Joe and Jane on the street. On February 11th, 10,000 people stood in line in Glendale, Arizona for the chance of 200 jobs, while on that same day, Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputies, raided the offices of a company who employs illegal aliens – a company under contract by the County itself for landscaping work. Purportedly, these criminals from another land (who cares which country?) we’re being paid $19.000 per hour for full time employment. This must be some of that work that American’s just won’t do – huh???
From Len Ritchey: “How many times in recent weeks and months have Americans been told government stimulus packages must be passed or America may be all but doomed to extinction? How many times have we been told only one person was capable of leading us out of our financial/economic troubles? Congress has been working so feverishly on its latest stimulus package some members haven’t seen all relevant documentation but are asked to vote anyway. They’re getting away with it because we allow our leaders to treat responsibility and their oaths of office with contempt.”
Well, contempt is the right word for it, and for those sixty souls in the Senate, who jumped on the Express Train to Hell – have a great journey.
So what’s next boys and girls? Guns? Butter knives? My camping gear? A passport to cross county lines? How about the ‘Fairness Doctrine’? Oh, that would be a good one, then you can attempt to close the mouth of those of us, who for all intents and purpose, began to open our mouths and express our discontent after having the likes of the Lame-stream Media continue to mold our minds and beliefs, through their one-sided “reporting” (not) on television, radio and the printer printed media.
I hope that you can live with yourself.
Oh, that’s right – you’ve got yours!
Without respect I am,
~ About the Author ~
A veteran of Viet Nam, student of history (both American and film), Jeffrey Bennett has broadcast for over 24 years years as host of various programs and has been considered the voice of reason on the alternative media – providing a unique and distinctive broadcast style, including topics such as health and wellness, news, financial well-being, political satire (with a twist), education and editorial commentary on current events through the teaching of history. In addition, he is the CEO of Kettle Moraine, Ltd.